Our approach is tailor-made to your specifications. We aim to build diversified portfolios that increase in value over time, where risk is measured and divested over asset classes, sound financial structures and instruments. With a core holding approach, we identify opportunities that maximize long term performance, and choose to trade on high conviction rather than trade commissions.
Bordier Bank (TCI) Ltd is a fully licensed and regulated banking institution operating in the Turks & Caicos Islands for over 30 years.
In expanding to Turks and Caicos in 1986, the Bordier group invested in one of the most promising offshore financial centers in the world. Bordier Bank (TCI) Ltd became one of the first full-service boutique banks to be established in the Caribbean catering to the affluent, as well as the first offshore bank on Providenciales, the islands’ fastest-growing financial center. We quickly emerged as a highly respected discretionary asset manager on the island, appealing to an exclusive international client base.
The bank is regulated by the TCI Financial Services Commission which falls under the authority of a governor appointment by Her Majesty, The Queen. The TCI is a British Overseas Territory located just 80 minutes away from the US mainland.
- Bordier Bank (TCI) Ltd offers a solid team of qualified and experienced relationship managers
- Multi-lingual and experienced in dealing with clients from across the globe
- Experienced international equity and bond market traders
- Full trading capabilities during US market hours
- Highly qualified and experienced mutual fund administration team with over 35 years of combined experience
- Full range of traditional private banking and wealth management services
- Fund Investment Management
- Fund Administration services
- Charitable Institution Work
Through our network of external professionals we can also offer access to
- Captive Insurance Products
- Legal Structuring
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate Structuring & Advisory
- Retirement Lifestyle Planning
The Turks and Caicos Islands as a financial center
Bordier Bank (TCI) Ltd remains in the Turks and Caicos Islands today, because of a confluence of unique attributes. With a population of more than 30,000, this British Crown Territory is located in close proximity to North, Central and South America. Miami is an hour-and fifteen-minutes flight from Providenciales, which shares the same time zone as New York City. English is the official language and the US Dollar is the official currency.
With its thriving high-end tourism economy, dynamic expatriate community, 21st century infrastructure and attractive tax structure (no income, capital gains, estate, corporate or property taxes), TCI has rapidly established itself as one of the region’s most reputable offshore financial centers.
Turks and Caicos also benefits from a competent and modern judicial system based on English common law and the United Kingdom’s courts system – with a local bar composed of Commonwealth legal professionals and an appellate structure that extends to the United Kingdom’s Privy Council.
The legal code has financial statutes that meet or exceed international 21st century standards and Turks and Caicos has an investor friendly regulatory environment. Depositors and investors enjoy both the responsiveness of the Turks and Caicos Financial Services Commission and the security of direct oversight by the British Government.
Our model of banking
The Bank looks at nurturing its clients, building complete trust and confidence through banking practices that are aligned with our core values.
We champion partnerships and transparency as they form the cornerstones of any long-term relationship.
We believe in impartial guidance. Where your best interests are always at the heart of what we do. Our approach is tailor-made to your specifications. We aim to build diversified portfolios that increase in value over time, where risk is measured and divested over asset classes, sound financial structures and instruments. With a core holding approach, we identify opportunities that maximize long term performance, and choose to trade on high conviction rather than trade commissions.
We believe in collaboration as it often results in excellence. We have handpicked partners in areas that fall outside of our own expertise, such as financing, real estate or investment banking matters.
Like our founder in 1844, our partners today still bear unlimited personal liability for all the commitments entered into by the bank. This is markedly different from most other banks and is a resounding affirmation of the commitment that we have for the long term.
Our core strengths
- The Bordier Group Partners bear unlimited personal liability for all commitments undertaken by Bordier & Cie. This means they are personally liable, to the extent of their own wealth, for all the Group’s commitments, guaranteeing that your interests are fully aligned with our own. Our absolute independence also ensures we are not vulnerable to any external pressures, allowing us to focus exclusively on your long-term goals and our Group’s sustainability.
- Size does not matter. It is not the size of the Bank’s capital that matters but how one uses it. Bordier Bank (TCI) Ltd is not trading for its own account, does not lend and does not use leverage. Its capital is placed in Government Treasuries and other rock solid investments.
- The Common Equity Tier 1 (CET1) ratio is a key indicator of the strength of a bank’s financial position. Bordier Group has maintained a stable CET1 ratio over the last decade. Compared with most other financial institutions, this highlights a degree of financial strength considerably above the average.
- Bordier Group’s cost/income ratio has been running well below the market average for the past thirty years, showcasing our prudent, skilful and efficient management over the long term.
- Bordier Group Liquidity ratio is over 7 times the level as stipulated by the Swiss regulator.
- Its restricted client base allows for the most personalized service, going far beyond the management of the client’s assets.
- Its negligible staff turnover builds trusting relationships, allowing an unmatched flexibility and ease on the operational side.
- Clients have access to a member of the executive board which means any issues are resolved swiftly, orally or within a few hours.
- Clients are not placed in standardized risk models yield, balanced, growth, etc as each individual portfolio fits exactly each client’s specific lifestyle, expected return and risk appetite. They are unique. Also, the investments are made in an objective and unbiased manner.